Monday, May 24, 2010

Last Preparations

I forgot how much it takes to get ready to live in another country for three months. Let's forget the toiletries, and the make-up, the converters and batteries. Or the clothes shopping and the eternal quest for cute, flat, walking shoes (which are a mere myth created to plague women with the futile hope for comfort). No, the real issue here is the camera. Two years ago when I was studying in France, I bought a wonderful, amazing, and startlingly articulate camera.

The one bad thing about having the camera meant to capture heaven in a lens is that it must be huge. Like cumbersome, annoying, ready to throw into the Seine River huge. So I thought, surely, after two years of advancing technology and repeated commercials of Ashton Kutcher doing combat roles across a fashion catwalk, surely, SURELY, a smaller, more compact camera must have been created.

Sadly, no. I spent $400 on the Canon Powershot sc20 is. Sounds impressive, no? I think they used all their cool points in the title. There is nothing good about this camera, unless you want a paperweight with an intimidating name. So I sent it packing, with a bit of a huff, and return to the faithful (if clunky) embrace of my Canon Rebel Xti. I'm sorry I even entertained the thought of infidelity.

So with less than two days to go, I nervously anticipate.

No comments:

Post a Comment